Thursday, October 18, 2007

Jay's Duck Encounter

On Tuesday, Jay and I went with 3 of Chad's sisters and some of their kids to the petting zoo at Thanksgiving Point. Jay loved pointed at and imitating the animals, but wasn't a big fan of getting anywhere near them. He refused to join the other kids on the pony rides and wouldn't pet or feed any of the animals. He's been to petting zoos before and had no problem, but this time he was terrified! Later, as we were looking at the ducks, he apparently wanted to show off for his Aunt "Nik Nik" (Nikki) and go up close to the ducks. I saw a golden opportunity to get a picture of him close to an animal, but as I was taking the picture, I heard the snap and saw Jay pull his finger away from the duck. Yep, the duck bit his finger. It wasn't bad, but it scared him to death. I don't think he'll be getting over his fear of the animals at the petting zoo anytime soon!

Moments before the duck took a snap at Jay's finger


Me, Jay, and Erin watching the other kids enjoy the pony rides

2 comments:

stephasauri said...

Yike! Poor Jay. Mean quack-quack.

tracey clark said...

Such cute photos!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and encouraging me to try the recipes from Deceptively Delicious. I think I'll do it! ; )