Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Our Next Adventure

Chad has been offered a good job in Albuquerque, New Mexico! We've decided to take the job and begin our next big adventure in Albuquerque. We're leaving quickly and frantically trying to pack and tie up loose ends. Ten days from now, we will be heading to Albuquerque to start our new adventure.

We're both very excited about his new job! The job is perfect for him and will focus on an area of law that he loves. We're excited to live near his parents and continue the grandparent spoilage we've enjoyed here in Ohio. We will also be much closer to Darbie's extended family in Arizona, making for some fun weekend road trips!

At the same time, we are VERY sad to leave Ohio. We've made fabulous friends here and we're sad to move to a place where we have no friends. We've also loved living near some of Darbie's family, and we're very sad that we won't get to see them as often.

We are so grateful that we have found a good job so quickly, especially in the currently crappy economy. We have received so many blessing in the time we have been unemployed and have learned so many lessons that will hopefully improve our life in the future.

I'm sure we'll be taking a blogging hiatus until we get to Albuquerque (not that we need moving as an excuse, but if it's there, I'm going to use it).

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys and so glad that Chad found a job that he is excited for (and being a bit closer to us isn't too bad either). :) I have been so worried about you and was so happy when I heard!

When you get settled we can come visit. I think that we should make an Albuquerque (is that spelled right? I guess I need to learn how to spell it now) tourist video that rivals the Cleveland one!

The Lewis's said...

i'm so excited you guys are going to be closer and more financially secure now! i also feel pretty darn special that i got a call in advance so i wouldn't have a heart attack.

Matthias said...

Congratulations! Which firm?

Jen said...

WOW! Congrats (from Pete too) And the kids look darling!

The Hoffmans said...

I am so excited for you guys! After a few months of Chad out of work I was really starting to get worried. WOW! New Mexico is far from where you are but the plus side is that you are still close to family and you can come visit. CONGRATS ON THE JOB OFFER!

Michelle said...

Congrats on the new job!!!

Alicia Baker said...

Congratulations! What a great blessing!

Jenna said...

I'm kinda sad you guys won't be around anymore when I come to Ohio to visit :(... but I'm glad Chad's found a job! We wish you all the best!!! Loves!

Editt said...

Don't get overwhelmed by the cockroaches...my boys kill them for me :D Just kidding! We drive through there to get from Austin to Salt Lake and my brother lives in Las Cruces (three hours away). We've always enjoyed going through there. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

YAYYYYYYYY! Only 90 minutes from us! And we are there at least once a month to go to the temple. I have always thought Albuquerque would be a great place to live, the weather is great, there are beautiful neighborhoods, and there is a TEMPLE! How can you beat that? Congratulations on coming to the Land of Enchantment!!

Madame Coin said...

Woo hoo! Almost all of my mom's family (she's the youngest of 12) live in or near Albuquerque--or as my sister affectionately calls it, "Appleturkey". It's a great place.

Good luck with this new adventure!

Michelle said...

Happy for you guys! I can't lie, I was hoping you'd get so desparate you'd move to Anchorage. I'm glad you found a job down your alley, Chad. And Darbie, those pictures from your previous post are to die for. How do you stand it?

JoshandJen said...

Hi Guys!! So I finally tried this blog thing Darbie and it's pretty fun. I miss you guys a TON!!! I wish you were still here in Ohio, but I hope things are working out good in Albuquerque. You have to let me know how things are going very soon!! Much love...