Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Swim Lessons

Jay and Carly took swim lessons for the first time this summer and overall is was a success. Jay LOVED them but Carly was not a huge fan. Jay has always been terrified of water, so it was great to see him warm up to it and start the process of learning to swim. He is no longer afraid to go underwater or be by himself in the water (previously, he would only go in the water while an adult was hold him and gripping his arms around the adult's neck). Carly (who last summer had started going underwater and swimming by herself) was terrified of the water. She didn't perform all the skills to "pass" the swim class, but by the last day (bottom picture) she would at least sit in the shallow water with me and play.

Jay and his teacher (Funny story: His teacher has braces, so when we show up to lessons, I pointed to his teacher and said "Jay, go over there by your teacher" and he said "How do I know its my teacher if I can't see his teeth?"




Wow. I just allowed a picture with a portion of me in a bathing suit onto the blog.

6 comments:

The Lewis's said...

it's weird- it seems like my kids will always alternate years of liking being in the water. after a good year i think we're set, then the next summer they turn into weanies

JoshandJen said...

Cute pictures and can I just say that you are so going to be in trouble with boys after little Miss Carly, she is adorable, its a good thing she has a good big brother

Natalie said...

Good work on the updates, Darbs! The kids are as cute as ever.

Michelle said...

It looks so warm there.....very jealous right now. Alaska summers should be full of sunlight but all I've seen are clouds and rain this year. Wish we could come visit!

James and Jessica Ford said...

I am sooo jealous of the horse ranch. That is Awesome. Dang. maybe we will move to New Mexico. It was so good to see you last month. You look amazing! And those kids are pretty cute, too.

Erin said...

Hi Darbie, thanks for saying hi on my mamas blog. So fun to catch up with your cute family. I'll have to put this on my reader and keep track of you guys.

Hope you're doing well. We're not far away from NM here in Dallas.