Monday, September 15, 2008

Ike

Apparently Hurricane Ike decided to bring some of the destruction to Ohio. Here's what occurred at my parent's house yesterday:






The last picture was taken after many people (and 3 chainsaws) helped remove the tree from the car.

Sadly, this was our white birch tree. Every year on the first day of school, my parents would take our picture in front of this beautiful tree. Apparently this tree had served its purpose having survived years of first day of school pictures for 4 children, and now its time has come. We'll be burning this tree in our fireplace this winter.

For those of you who know my dad and were wondering:
Yes, his golf clubs were in the trunk.
Yes, he pried the trunk open to retrieve them.
Yes, the clubs survived without a scratch.

(I know I should be posting baby pictures, I'm getting to it, I promise!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! So glad it didn't decide to fall on the house! It is sad to lose a tree, though....oh, and a car. So glad about the golf clubs. Unbelievable!!

Becky said...

Phew...we were worried about the golf clubs. hehe. glad it wasn't the house! I heard about your tomatoes...that is the saddest!

Property Weekly said...

OH MY GOSH! I can't believe that tree is gone! I think that even I have a picture or two of that tree.

We had a few storms here lately, and a huge tree was knocked down at my Uncle's place. It is really sad to see it gone.

George said...

WOW!!! crazy lucky about the golf clubs! But I do have one question; what was the Accord doing on the front lawn?