Sunday, September 6, 2009

Albuquerque Living

Well, we've been here in Albuquerque for almost 2 months now. We're still staying with Chad's parents while we try to find a house, so it really still feels like vacation. Every couple days (alright, just about everyday) I say something to Chad like "Do I really live in Albuquerque, New Mexico?" or "I never thought in my wildest nightmares I would be living in Albuquerque". Truth be told, it's not all that bad. I just try not to think too much about my brown surroundings and the Ohio green I miss so much.

We're searching for a house to purchase before we miss out on the tax credit, so the clock is ticking. We're waiting on an offer, and still searching. Hopefully we will soon have a house and be able to get all our stuff back and maybe this place will start feeling a little more like home.

Chad is loving his job. He is busy learning to do complicated estate planning and studying for the New Mexico bar exam he will take in February.

It's been suggested that I start posting "Reasons I Love Albuquerque" posts on a regular basis to convince myself that I like it here. I'm working on it and progressing day by day. I no longer have to hold back tears every time someone says "How do you like Albuquerque so far?" so I consider that a huge improvement. I think I've got quite awhile to adjust to this situation, so I'm going to take it.


The kids are having fun and growing so much. We've posted updates and pictures of each of them below (I know, 3 posts in one day, CRAZY!)

8 comments:

M & S Eagar said...

wow...you really have been super busy! So glad to hear that Jay is sleeping better since his surgery. And, I need more info. on exactly how you discovered Carly is allergic to peanuts since I can relate and all. :)

The kids are getting even cuter than they already were! It was fun to see pictures of them. Call me sometime and we'll catch up. I want to hear about California.

anna said...

Your kids are adorable - I actually like Jay's long hair look :) That's great that you were finally able to get some help for Jay I am glad Carly is holding her own with her big bro. Natalie lets Dominic push her around and I have to come rescue her all the time. I'm sure in a few months most of us in Ohio will be wishing we lived some place warm like New Mexico - so at least you know you won't freeze or have to have your kids couped up all winter!

Madame Coin said...

I love the pics of your kids, they're super sweet!

My mom grew up in Albuquerque, and I have plenty of family still there, but it definitely is no Ohio. Keep your chin up.

JoshandJen said...

I WAS SO EXCITED TO SEE A NEW POST FROM YOU! THOSE PICTURES ARE SO CUTE OF THE KIDS, JAY'S HAIR IS WAY CUTE, AND CARLY LOOKS OLDER! THE DR SAYS THE SAME THING ABOUT NATILIE THAT SHE HAS HUGE TONSILS AND SHE IS ALWAYS TIRED I AM GOING TOHAVE TO TALK TO HER DR ABOUT THE SLEEP APNEA THING I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT. I CANT WAIT TO TALK AND CATCH UP, WE MISS YOU GUYS!

beckie said...

3 posts in one day! And I thought I was going to have to de-friend you on facebook.

I would second the opinion that shaggy haired Jay was super cute.

KMiller said...

darbie! I have been thinking about you a lot lately. Ryan started his WHY phase and I am going CRAZY. All I can think is, "this is why Darbie complained so much about it." I am ready to pull my hair out. The kids are adorable. I love the picture of Carly's static hair on the trampoline. That's awesome.

Michelle said...

Love the updates! Keep them coming. I hear you a bit on the adjusting to a new place thing. It can be hard, but it sounds like you have a good outlook on it and it will start to pick up soon.

The Lewis's said...

darbie, i had no idea you posted so long ago. glad to catch up with you and your kiddos (and i suppose chad indirectly, haha). sorry about the bummer of albuquerque. i cried for months when my parents first moved me to phoenix (it was brown as well compared to lush massachusetts), and it took utah winters to finally make me appreciate it. so, just give it about a decade....