Monday, September 28, 2009

Random

We have lots of random things to say, so if you'd like to be in the know, read on.

-Carly doesn't have a stuffed animal, she sleeps with books. She insists on being laid in her crib with a small board book and she's usually still clutching the book when she wakes up.

-Jay thinks everything that comes out of Carly's mouth is "gaGA" (emphasis on the 2nd GA), so he uses the word constantly. For example "Mom, watch me gaGA", or "Carly wants gaGA for lunch". He even sings entire songs replacing all words with "gaGA".

-Most of you know that shortly after Carly was born, she developed a hemangioma under her left eye. (She also developed one on the back of her head, and one on her back, but the one under her eye was the most noticeable.) There was a possibility that the one under her eye would need to be removed for fear of it interfering with her vision, but thankfully it was not a problem. We were told the hemangioma would fade over time and go away by the time she was 2, but currently the hemangioma is almost completely gone. Here are 2 pictures for comparison:

6 Months Old



1 Year Old


-Carly is almost walking. Actually, she is walking, but won't do it if she thinks you're watching. If you turn around and pretend you're not looking, she'll gladly walk across the room.

-Jay now officially has chores to do. His chores include unloading most of the dishwasher, making his bed, and picking up toys all over the house. He does a pretty good job and is still pretty excited about doing them, but I'm sure that won't last. Sometimes he gets a quarter for doing them, but he really doesn't care about the money.

-Yes, I am likely allowing my 3 year old to be the same thing for Halloween as every other 3 year old boy. Spiderman.

-We're buying a house and just have a few more hoops to jump through before we can close. We really love the house and are really excited to have a permanent place of residence. We'll show you pictures as soon as we close! (yes, its stucco and has a flat roof)

-We really want to purchase Beatles Rock Band for the Wii. However, since we don't want to use money from the monthly budget, we're trying to find creative ways to find money to buy it without using "real" money accounted for in the budget. So far, we're cashing in the spare change, and using Amazon giftcards earned through Swagbucks to raise money for our cause. We're about half way there, so we're hoping to be able to get it by Christmas!

-Chad and I are getting back into shape and even trading off days running at 6 am. (Chad's parents have a treadmill and it has been very convenient) I am not a morning workout person, but we've been consistent for a few weeks and it feels good. We're searching for a race to run, but all races around here seem to be on Sundays.

-Chad's parents have a fabulous apple tree in their yard and so we picked tons of huge delicious apples. I tried my hand at making applesauce and it turned out quite yummy. I was going to try canning the applesauce, but I got a little overwhelmed and decided to just freeze the applesauce instead.

-Speaking of how domestic I am, did you hear that I won a pie contest? Some attorneys at Chad's law firm invited us to a pie party and I made a lemon meringue pie fro scratch to enter into the contest. To my surprise, I won! (It was delicious if I do say so myself)

I've got another edition of "Loving New Mexico" almost ready for publishing, so stay tuned!

8 comments:

The Hoffmans said...

It sounds as though some things may be improving there. I can't wait for another post and picture of the house!

M & S Eagar said...

saw a guy in the Houston airport that looked exactly like Chad from the back. I almost went up to him and said hey man, but I am glad I checked to see what his face looked like. Anyway thought I'd share. My parents are trying to aquire some land in western NM on my uncles ranch, so maybe we will be out there for reunions soon. Hope all is well

Matt

Anonymous said...

How fun! Thanks for the updates! I am glad that Carly's thing is going away (I won't try to spell it). I hope I have a kid as cute as Jay (no, that is not an annoucement or anything)-- he is a riot!

JoshandJen said...

I was excited to read the post, I cant believe how big that little girl is getting she looks like you and Jay. I can't wait to see pics of the new house! Oh I forgot to tell you in my email, that we actually broke down and got rockband and aerosmith guitar here (which I never thought I would do) but the kids and JOsh love it. I wanted the beatles rockband too, but it is like 250 bucks here in the store, but guess what I found on craigslist yesterday someone was selling a beatles rockband brand new for 129 bucks! can you believe it. Josh voted against it though since we just bought the regular one, maybe I should buy that one and ship it to you:)
Congrats on the pie, I love that kind too!

Unknown said...

Love swagbucks too! Also I loved your random posts. Great Idea, fun things to remember.

Madame Coin said...

I love swagbucks! You should check out Opinion Outpost, too, they're a site where you do surveys for points which you can redeem for a check in the mail or for Amazon gift cards.

Ginny Baker said...

SORRY ABOUT MISSING YOU WHEN WE CAME THROUGH TOWN. WE BOTH REALY DID NOT COMPUTE IT! THE LAST I HEARD WAS CHAD GOT A JOB IN NM. I WAS JUST GLAD FOR HIM BUT NEVER REALY FOUND OUT ANY MORE INFO. WE LOVED NM! AZ AND NM ARE THE BEST PLACES IN THE WORLD! A LOT OF THERE HISTORY IS INTER TWINED. SISTER STATES! LOVE YOU GUYS AND HOPE THINGS ARE WELL! I HAVE SOME SIDE WORK FOR CHAD IF HE WANTS! DANG LAWYERS! IF MECHANICS CREATED WORK FOR THEMSELF LIKE LAWYERS WE WOULD BE PUT IN JAIL! HA!HA! LOVE TOM

Anonymous said...

Yay! You take after your Grandma Baker!! The temple was closed on our regular October visit, so we will probably see you in November. Will you be in your new house?