Sunday, April 20, 2008

Week at a Glance

  • Chad's massive paper has been cleared for graduation. Yay! The end is in sight! Only one more final and graduation on Friday! (We've heard from a reliable source that his name is already on the program, so no worries)
  • I am now officially too big for 90% of my clothes. This is freaking me out as this stage did not happen with my last pregnancy until I was 7-8 months along.
  • The packing has begun! I'm trying to be so good at getting rid of things, which is sometimes difficult since I have some pack-rat tendencies. The DI pile is already overflowing and I'm quite sure it's going to be several car loads by the time we're done.
  • Some of my extended family from Arizona made a surprise visit on Monday and we chatted and ate dinner with them. My sister and I went up to Salt Lake on Wednesday to watch their little boy so they could go to the temple. He was the most well behaved child I have ever babysat! Even when Jay was stealing his toys left and right, the kid just smiled.
  • Jay broke his crib this week. He jumped too hard too long and popped one of the screws out. He continued to jump and bent the whole metal frame underneath. We thought about attempting to fix it, but since we were planning on getting him a toddler bed when we got to Ohio, we just trashed it. This was a hard decision. It's hard to see something you spent so much money on that was perfectly good the day before go into the dumpster. However, I wouldn't put my newborn in a jerry-rigged crib, and wouldn't want anyone else to either. I did make Chad keep it in the room for a day to see if I could think up any fabulous new home decor ideas with a broken crib, but I couldn't. (Please don't tell me if you think of any good ideas, the trash has already been picked up).
  • Jay's phrase of the week "That's kinda funny, yeah"
  • We've secured an apartment in Ohio! It's twice the square footage of our current apartment and includes a washer a dryer and dishwasher, my prayers have been answered!
  • Ohio apartment bummer: only potty trained children can swim in the pool. I'd already gotten Jay super excited about having a pool at our house in Ohio. Maybe I can get him super excited about using a big boy potty with the pool as incentive. Yup, that wouldn't stress me out at all.


Jay playing with Baby Ryken. Don't you just love that chubby face?



Jay almost smiling (we're working on it), too bad his eczema is out of control.


Jay feeding the duck that hangs around in front of the store. The lady at the store gave Jay a pile of chips to feed the ducks (I think she was just trying to get Jay out of the store as he had begun to explore what's underneath the dressing room doors). Jay and Chad kept occupied with the ducks while I struggled to find clothes that fit (I did find a new outfit for graduation). Thankfully Jay didn't get bitten by this duck.


Jay flying a kite at our friend's BBQ. He just jumped in with the big kids and flew the kite.


Jay is totally ready for a little sister. He looks so great decked out in pink and purple. The helmet was totally his idea. He took a tumble on the bike down some stairs and all he was concerned about was his pink helmet falling off. (If you look closely you'll also notice he is only wearing one shoe)

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

You seriously got through most of your last pregnancy without maternity clothes?!? Lucky ducky! Jay is too cute. I love that bike picture; he's definitely preparing for the coming influx of pink:) And congrats to Chad for finishing school and graduating in a few days!!

Cara said...

Thanks again Darbie for watching Ryken! It was a great help. And I am so glad that he was a good boy for you. And you better not be lying bout it. I was worried bout it the whole time. We are so glad that we got to see you all! Hopefully we will see you when you are in AZ later this month or next whenever it is. :) OH and Jay is so Adorable and the smartest kid I know. :)